Mark Wahlberg has made his mark in Hollywood as one of the hunks that excites most women. If you want to develop similar muscles in your body, you need to know how he performs his workout routines.
One thing that you need to know about Wahlberg is that he is really a workout buff. Whenever he is in location shooting, he insists that the hotel room he sleeps in is transformed into a gym so that he can perform his workouts even in the dark hours of the night.
He is so focused on staying in shape that he is up at 4:30 in the morning so that he can fit in his required hours of workout, five days a week. He usually rests during Wednesdays and Sundays.
His workout is really simple, but is terribly brutal. But you can see the results with his well-sculpted body.
Wahlberg’s Workout Strategies
Wahlberg’s body shows good muscle size combined with excellent symmetry and balance. His muscles are not overly large in some sections and woefully lacking in other areas. All body areas of Mark Wahlberg are composed of finely tuned and well balanced muscles.
And that is due to his workout strategies which target three areas of concentration. He is focused on generating the right muscle size, he is eating the right kinds of foods, and he refines the development of his physique.
Building the Right Muscle Size
The first priority in this workout is to build as much muscle at the start. If you are not bulky, you have to put more effort in building up your muscle frame. This is done by heavy and compounded movements.
Building muscles at a short time will need a full body approach done three days every week. This will result in muscle volume development at a moderate level so as to avoid overtraining. Only a few isolation exercises are included in each workout.
Eating the Right Diet
The next priority is the food that you need to eat. You want to build muscles and avoid adding body fat; therefore you need to eat a high calorie diet composed of natural, unprocessed foods.
Your diet will include complex carbohydrates, lean proteins, and healthy fats so that your testosterone levels and calorie intake will always be high.
On the second half of the workout program, where you have already built a good muscular foundation, you can opt to decrease your calorie intake as well as your intake of fats and carbs.
Sculpting your Body
The workout will also help you refine the shape of your body. You will add interval cardio training on your off day. This will enable you to increase your calories and your metabolic rate.
You can also add supersets or drop sets as well as higher reps.
The Mark Wahlberg Workout
Here are some detailed descriptions of the Mark Wahlberg workout:
- Building a muscular foundation
- Tricep Extension – 12 reps, 2 sets, 30 seconds rest
- Bench Press – 6 reps, 4 sets, 2 minutes rest
- Hanging Leg Raises – 10 reps, 3 sets, 1 minute rest
- Squats – 6 reps, 4 sets, 2 minutes rest
- Shoulder Press – 8 reps, 3 sets, 2 minutes rest
- Barbell Row – 6 reps, 4 sets, 2 minutes rest
- Deadlift – 8 reps, 4 sets, 2 minutes rest
- Bicep Curl – 12 reps, 2 sets, 30 seconds rest
- Sculpting your body
- Superset: Bicep Curl with Tricep Extension – 12 reps, 2 sets, 30 seconds rest
- Leg Press – 8 reps, 3 sets, 2 minutes rest
- Pull Ups – 10 reps, 3 sets, 2 minutes rest
- Barbell Rows – 8 reps, 3 sets, 2 minutes rest
- Superset: Leg Extension with Hamstring Curl – 12 reps, 2 sets, 30 seconds rest
- Lunges – 10 reps, 2 sets, 2 minutes rest
- Drop Set: Incline Bench – 12-12-12 or as many as you can, 2 sets, 1 minute rest
- Bench Press – 8 reps, 3 sets, 2 minutes rest
- Superset: Lateral Raise with Front Raise – 12 reps, 2 sets, 30 seconds rest
Not For the Faint Hearted
From the above workout samples, you can see that if you are faint hearted, you cannot sustain this type of intense training. There are other alternative workout programs that do not require you to put in this much effort and time just to get your body in shape similar to what Mark Wahlberg displays.
Remember, Mark is a Hollywood actor playing mostly action roles that require showing good body form, agility and all that stuff. If you simply just want to impress the ladies, you can just latch on the workouts that build muscle and good strength.
The verdict is: the Mark Wahlberg workout is great for building and sculpting muscles. If you regularly perform these exercises, you will definitely develop muscles all over your body in a very balanced way. But, unless you have plans of starring in a Hollywood action movie, doing lesser forms of workouts will be just as effective.