Having a string of blockbuster movies under his belt, Channing Tatum’s star has steadily risen to the heights. With a virile physique, he has already become a fitness icon. This has led many guys to search for his secrets on how to create such a body that most women find very sexy.
The Rigorous Nature of a Channing Tatum Workout
People magazine says that Tatum usually train 3 hours every day and adheres to a gluten and dairy free diet. This regimen and dietary practice will really produce great results.
However, if you are just an ordinary person who is trying to eke out your existence on this planet, that rigorous daily and dietary regimen might be a little hard to adopt. If you are working for a living, you cannot spend that many hours and still perform well in your job.
The Channing Tatum Workout
So, how does a Channing Tatum workout goes? Here is a peek of what you need to follow if you really want to use Tatum’s workout to shape your body.
Tatum used this workout regimen while he is filming “Fighter”. He was trained by William J. Harris, a New York based fitness expert. But surprisingly, his workouts lasted only from 30 to 45 minutes – not the 3 hours as heavily popularized by some people.
According to Harris, this is really just the amount of time your body needs to have an effective workout. The secret, Harris said, is a proper diet.
He gave Tatum just four exercises each day, done in a circuit. The point is, Tatum had to execute that particular circuit repeatedly in a span of 30 to 45 minutes.
Specifics of the Channing Tatum Workout
Channing Tatum’s daily exercise includes a 5-minute warm up, followed immediately by a 5 minute cool down period. This is done to ensure that Tatum will extend his body into its fat burning region. This part of the exercise should be dependent on the person’s ability to burn his body fat.
After this preliminary exercises, Tatum is required to do 2 hours of fight-training for his role in the movie “Fighter”. After this fight-training, he performed the rest of his workout regimen. So this is how the 3 hours Tatum workout regime came into being.
Tatum performed different workout regimens each day of the week. Let me give you a sample workout he does on a Monday. After performing the 5 minute warm up and 5 minute cool down exercises, he then performs the following workouts for about 30 to 45 minutes:
- Jumping Rope (100 skips)
- Push-Ups (25 reps)
- Military Press (25 reps)
- Bench Press (20 reps)
For these exercises, you will need cardio equipment, a set of dumbbells and a jump rope.
For the rest of the week, Tatum performed the following:
- Tuesday: 25 reps of Burpees, 20 reps of bodyweight squats, 25 reps, each leg of walking lunges, and 10 reps of hanging leg lifts.
- Wednesday: wind sprints, one lap around a track, 30 swings of kettlebell, 100 steps of mountain climber and 50 reps of sit ups.
- Thursday: rest day. Tatum is given a one day off after 3 days to enable the micro-tears in his muscle to heal.
- Friday: 25 reps of box jumps, 5 reps of military press, 10 reps of bench press and 25 reps of pushups.
- Saturday: 20 reps of bodyweight squats, 25 reps of walking lunges, 10 reps of stiff-legged deadlifts and 50 reps of sit ups.
- Sunday: 100 skips of jumping rope, 100 steps of mountain climbers, 30 swings of kettlebell, and 20 reps of military press
An Alternative from a Fitness Expert
A fitness expert says that it is really not necessary for you to follow this very strict regimen. He recommends for you to spend no more than one hour each day, and only 3 to 4 times a week.
On day 1, you can do the following:
- Weighted lower back extension – 3 sets x 10 reps
- Incline press – 4 sets x 8 reps
- Bent-over barbell row – 3 sets x 10-12 reps
- Weighted chins – 4 sets x 8 reps
- Wide grip bar dips – 3 sets x 10-12 reps
On day 2, you can take a rest
On day 3, you can perform the following:
- Side plank – 2 minutes per side
- Overhead tricep rope extensions – 3 sets x 8 reps
- Dumbbell rear delt raise – 2 sets x 13 reps
- Dumbbell curl – 3 sets x 8 reps
- Dumbbell side raise – 2 sets x 13 reps
- Seated dumbbell shoulder press – 3 sets x 8 reps
- Weighted cable crunches – 3 sets x 12-15 reps
On day 4, take another rest day
On day 5, repeat the exercise of day 1
On day 6, take another day of rest
On day 7, repeat what you did on day 3.
The Right Approach
There is a right approach in following the Channing Tatum workout. Being a normal guy, you shouldn’t exert your efforts unnecessarily because you don’t have the demands of a Hollywood star.
If you follow the alternative workout regimen detailed above, there is no reason why your body will not be as close to the physique of Channing Tatum – without overworking yourself.